Friday, July 22, 2011

Art Camp

I am so excited! When school starts I am going to write a grant and ???hopefully??? will receive money to fund a school-wide art camp. I am so sad that we no longer have time for the arts during a regular school day. Music, P.E. and Library once a week for 45 minutes is all the related arts that we have on our schedule.

The good thing is we have several groups that allow teachers to write grants to fund special projects and Art Camp is going to be mine. Keep your fingers crossed that I get the 1,000 dollars to fund this project.

I am already trying to plan the classes for the 25 times we are going to meet. These are some of the ideas that I am thinking about....I got them from the wonderful blogs of Lil Blue Boo, Art Projects for Kids, and Filth Wizardry. Check these out!

Marker and paints
Butterflies made from plastic milk cartons

Cardboard Flowers Stickers made from plastic bags
design their own stamps
drawing and sketching
fish prints- Gyotaku

If you have any ideas of an art activity for students kindergarten-5th grade, please let me know. Also keep your fingers crossed that I get the grant!






5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea and you will be great at it. I am hoping you get that grant. It's sad how the Arts are being lost! Good Luck and let us know!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that you do get that grant. So sad that the Arts are no longer considered essential to education.
    Those look like some fun projects. I may have to borrow some of those for my girls :) .
    Blessings!

    p.s. how is the herb garden?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. Good luck. I wish my son had art class. Right now I'm just hoping my youngest will be able to go to school at all. 100% of our funding for Pre-K was cut. It doesn't look promising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome and very beautiful butterfly collections. It is best for kids school home work. Color selection of on these all butterfly are wonderful.
    detektiv

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could they refuse such a wonderful project? I'll try to think of some ideas...

    ReplyDelete