Saturday, January 28, 2012

Desoto Falls


The sun is shining, it's a perfect day.
I can't believe that it is almost 60 degrees the last weekend of January.
Our Tennessee winter has been extremely mild which has been nice but I would really like some SNOW!
We took a picnic lunch to Desoto Falls.
Because of all the rain we had last week, the falls were really raging!
The first time we visited these falls....sad news, bad news, it was only a trickle.
This trip more than made up for it!
Don't tell, but I climbed over the rail and leaned over to get this shot.
Heights don't bother me much, but not hubby..... so he waited at the top of the falls.
The power of water is amazing to me.

What a wonderful day with terrific company!
We are so blessed to live in such a wonderful place.

4 comments:

  1. What pretty falls. Reminds me of the falls in the U.P. I would not miss the snow. I could leave it behind if just for one winter. Have a good one Mrs C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Brenda, don't miss the snow at all! We've had a mild winter too.
    Now Mrs. C...what if that were one of your students, climbing over that rail, to get a picture? Great pics, btw!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs C you most certainly are blessed to live in such a beautiful spot and to be able to get out and enjoy it.....

    Great pics, but climbing over the rail........no thanks...

    Have a great weekend,

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good blog! I truly love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I'm wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I've subscribed to your RSS which must do the trick! Have a great day!
    Blooming Bouquet Gift Sets - MAX - 3 PK SET

    ReplyDelete