Monday, January 2, 2012

Valentine Marshmallow Pops


I know, it's over a month till V Day, but I am seeing so many darling ideas on Pinterest, I had to share what I did last year for my class.

Valentine Marshmallow Pops

Ingredients: Campfire marshmallows, white chocolate chips,
sprinkles, skewers, and valentines.

Many of these items I purchased at the dollar tree, skewers, sprinkles and valentines.
The huge marshmallows are under 3 dollars at Walmart. You can use chips or any white chocolate melts.
I used bar-b-que skewers, I cut them in half with my kitchen shears,
then stuck them into the marshmallows.
Dip into melted white chocolate,
sometimes I thin it a bit with a tablespoon of shortening or oil.
Then roll in sprinkles.
Hubby found me a piece of styro to stick the skewers in while they harden up.
It does not take long.
My glitter valentines matched the sprinkles, wow...that was not even planned!
Cut cello squares, oh, got that at D.T. too. and punched a hole in the card, tied with a little pink ribbon.
I am going to make something different this year but these took less than an hour for 24 pops
and cost around 7 dollars.Plus, they are "high on the cute scale".

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda @ A La Carte said...

These are so cute! Love the thought of fun Valentine treats! Hugs, Linda

January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Zakka Life said...

Your marshmallow pops are so cute. I bet the kids loved them.

January 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Too cute! I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your marshmallow pops up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

January 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home