Monday, March 26, 2012

Make Way For Ducklings


We are reading this wonderful story, Make Way For Ducklings, in my pre-k classroom.
This is a wonderful story with all the elements necessary to keep the attention of 20 4 year-olds!
Mr. and Mrs. Mallard are looking for a home, without the danger of foxes or turtles that would eat their eggs. They make it to Boston's Public Garden and have many exciting adventures.
I had my own Make Way For Ducklings adventure at our state park.
We took photos of all these ducks while feeding them bread.
We were very popular!


Wonder what goes on in these little bird brains?

Picture of Make Way for Ducklings Sculpture, Boston Public Garden, Boston, Massachusetts - Free Pictures - <span class=FreeFo

This is the actual statue of the ducks in the story. I have been to Boston in the dead of winter and had to go and see the ducks, only thing is they were buried under snow...but I saw them.
Read this book and you will admire Robert McCloskey's story and illustrations.

5 comments:

  1. I have read this book with my girls. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever read it. I'll have to snoop around my son's Pre-K class the next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read that story but it sounds great. I love ducks. Love them. Last year I bought four of them at Rural King! I couldn't resist. I kinda got in trouble and sold them to my farmer friend! Next year I might buy some more though because we'll be in the country and have a big pond. Wouldn't it just be the cutest?

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this story as a child, and so did my children--now my grandsons will enjoy it! It is a charming, timeless tale, and one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this statue and I love this story. I read this book to my children while we sat on a blanket by those wonderful sculptures!

    ReplyDelete